Sofar Solar’s inverters are very popular due to their high efficiency and easy and quick installation. The inverters are earning positive reviews among users and installers around the world. The products are valued for their good value for money and the reliability for which they are known. They are made with the highest quality components from leading manufacturers such as Fairchild Semiconductor/Infineon (IGBT), On Semi / Texas Instruments (IC), Nippon Chemi-Con/nichicon (capacitors) and Texas Instruments/ NXP (MCU).
Sofar Solar hybrid inverters:
- Maximum efficiency of 98.2%
- Built-in emergency power function (EPS) – switch-on time of less than 20 ms
- Product warranty: 5 years
- Reactive power compensation capability
- Flexible configuration of lithium-ion batteries
- Operation in temperature range from -30 to +60°C
- Degree of protection: IP65
- Communication RS485/Wi-Fi/GPRS/Bluetooth (optional), SD, CAN 2.0
- Monitoring of active and reactive power operation
- Noise level: <45 dB
- Easy-to-read LCD display
Selectable operating mode:
Self-use – Automatic mode – In automatic mode, the inverter automatically charges and discharges the battery according to the amount of energy generated in relation to its consumption.
Time-of-use mode – allows you to set the use mode within four rules (0/1/2/3 rule), which allows you to adjust the operation of the device to the current energy rates and save
Timing mode – allows manual setting of charging time, power and discharge time and battery power.
Passive Mode – once the inverter is connected to the grid, you can remotely control the inverter’s functions using commands.
Sofar Solar hybrid inverters (+battery modules)
Apart from the photovoltaic modules, the inverter is the most important component of the entire installation. Its task is to change the direct current produced by photovoltaic modules into alternating current, which we use in the home installation. In addition to this, it reads and transmits a whole range of parameters regarding the operation of the installation. The information is available in applications or on websites, and both the installer and the owner of the installation can view the operation of the system. The photovoltaic inverter is the heart of the entire installation.
There are three types of inverters:
- On-grid – they work with the power grid, they allow sending an excess amount of produced energy to the grid, on which their operation depends. This means that a power grid failure will shut down the inverter for safety reasons.
- Off-grid – cooperate with energy storage, work independently of the power grid, making them ideal for those living in areas with difficult access to the power grid.
- Hybrid –they combine the functions of the above inverters, cooperate with energy storage, transmit the excess current produced to the grid and allow the use of current stored in batteries (back-up function) when there is a power outage in the grid. They help raise the facility’s own energy consumption, as energy produced during the day, is stored in the storage and can be used at night.
One of the criteria when choosing an inverter is its warranty, which nowadays should be a minimum of 5 years.
Who should invest in home energy storage units?
Residents who often face power outages especially value energy independence. The ideal solution to this problem is to invest in a photovoltaic system with energy storage. Energy stored in the storage provides security and functionality. Hybrid inverters have an island operation function, which allows you to disconnect from the grid at the time of a power outage or failure and freely use the energy stored in the storage.
Energy storage allows you to increase the self-consumption of energy produced by a photovoltaic plant. Greater self-consumption translates into lower electricity bills. Energy storages allow you to optimize the operation of the plant. Surplus energy produced during the day is stored in batteries and used during hours when the installation does not produce enough energy.
Evolive Technologies Sp. z o.o.
We are a company that provides customers with renewable energy solutions with passion and diligence. We have been working in the photovoltaic, heat pump, energy storage, and electromobility industries for years. We have experience in the design and implementation of both commercial and residential customer projects.
Our team is made up of specialists who work closely with the client at every stage of the project, from conception and planning, through design and implementation, to technical and post-installation support. Our installers are technically knowledgeable and experienced in installation. Relevant education, as well as years of experience, guarantee that careful installation is carried out in a safe manner.
We offer customers comprehensive solutions that take into account the needs and requirements of the investor, regardless of the scale of the project.