Established in 2012 in Zhejiang, Hoymiles is a dynamic microwave manufacturer achieving rapid growth in the market. (They have an annual production capacity of 2 million units on average, and from 2016 to 2021, they recorded a 100% year-on-year increase in sales volume.) To date, more than one million Hoymiles microwaves have been installed in more than 100 countries and regions, and the service network already covers more than 76 (countries and regions). The company provides smart solar solutions around the world, offering high-quality solar power for everyone. Their field-proven technology, trusted by installers, provides reliability and real-time monitoring. The Hoymiles microwave range is designed for installations of all sizes and shapes, featuring unmatched CEC-weighted efficiency and easy installation.
Hoymiles HMS-400 1ph microinverter
Hoymiles’ HMS-400 1ph microinverter is an innovative solution with an output power of up to 400 watts, providing exceptional performance when working with photovoltaic modules. Each 1T microinverter has one MPPT input with the possibility of connecting 1 module, which directly affects its efficient operation, guaranteeing optimal performance regardless of weather conditions. The Hoymiles monitoring system provides independent monitoring of microinverters and photovoltaic modules via Sub-1G transmission, allowing full control over their operation.
For each installation built with Hoymiles microinverters, a Hoymiles monitoring module must be selected. The DTU-Pro-S WiFi Hoymiles monitoring module is dedicated for this microinverter
- 12-year warranty (extendable to 25 years)
- MPPT nominal efficiency: 99.8% (high efficiency, minimal losses)
- IP67 rating for outdoor and inclement weather operation
- Extremely low failure rate, longer life (starting voltage of only 22 V)
- Low LCOE (levelized cost of electricity) – an indicator, which determines the profitability of investment in a product
- Maximum safety, input voltage range of 16-60 V
- Ambient temperature range: -40 ~ +65°C
- MPPT at the module level to provide 10-30% more energy from the sun compared to string inverter
- External antenna to enhance communication with DTU
- Adjustable power factor (monitor the operation of each panel separately via the internet)
- Noiseless operation – passive cooling
- Unnecessary typical inverter at the end of the string
Microinverter works only with panels whose maximum voltage (Voc) does not exceed 60 V.
A microinverter is an electronic device used in photovoltaic installations to convert the direct current generated by solar panels into alternating current, which differs from traditional inverters.
The difference between a microinverter and a traditional string inverter is that microinverters are mounted directly to each photovoltaic panel, while string inverters work with a group of panels as a whole. This allows each solar panel to operate independently, meaning that no shaded panels or failure of one panel affects the efficiency of the others, allowing them to operate at maximum efficiency.
In addition, microinverters allow panels of different capacities to be installed in a single system. It is not necessary to match the panels in terms of power, which gives greater flexibility in the design and expansion of the photovoltaic system.
In addition, in installations based on microinverters, where the current is not converted from all modules in the chain, the maximum DC voltage does not exceed 60 V, which means greater safety for the entire system.
Microinverters are used in both residential and commercial installations. They are ideal for single-family homes, where there is a need to monitor and optimize the performance of individual panels. Also, they are used in larger installations, such as commercial buildings, where the distribution of panels is more varied.
In short, microinverters are state-of-the-art devices used in photovoltaic systems that enable independent operation of panels, eliminate energy losses and provide greater flexibility in the design of photovoltaic installations.
Want to know more about the differences between microinverters and grid-tied inverters? Read our article
Hoymiles company and products
“S-Miles Cloud” Platform
The platform provides updates on the status of individual modules and informs users of any faults. This allows users to closely monitor and control their photovoltaic installations in real time.
- Quick and easy integration of the platform into the existing system,
- Clear and simple interface, providing clear visual data and advanced analysis options,
- Real-time monitoring of the progress of hardware updates – (displaying a progress bar and detailed error explanations),
- Optimized technical structure for data collection, analysis and distribution,
- Synchronized data analysis using cloud computing,
- Accurate and timely reports on status and energy performance indicators.
Evolive Technologies Sp. z o.o.
We are a company that provides customers with renewable energy solutions with passion and diligence. We have been working in the photovoltaic, heat pump, energy storage, and electromobility industries for years. We have experience in the design and implementation of both commercial and residential customer projects.
Our team is made up of specialists who work closely with the client at every stage of the project, from conception and planning, through design and implementation, to technical and post-installation support. Our installers are technically knowledgeable and experienced in installation. Relevant education, as well as years of experience, guarantee that careful installation is carried out in a safe manner.
We offer customers comprehensive solutions that take into account the needs and requirements of the investor, regardless of the scale of the project.